Pages

Beauty Talk: NYM Texturing Spray + Swisspers Blotting Paper

Happy Saturday!  And happy to be chatting with you all.  Finally.  Again.  

I wanted to talk about a couple of beauty items that I recently bought.  One at Ulta and the other at Walmart.  First off, Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturing Spray.  


Pink Texas Chick


OMG I love this stuff and I've had it less than a month.  And I only bought it because I had a Ulta coupon for $3.50 off $10.  I needed bobby pins and hair spray and then I saw the NYM products.  The packaging caught my shopping eye, I decided on two items and off I went.  The other NYM product I bought is the Beach Babe conditioner but I have yet to use it.  Okay so per the directions on the bottle, you spritz it in your dry or damp hair, style as you wish and you're done.  I only used my hands to style it. I worked it in and "crunched" my hair here and there and voila I had a little hotness on my head and I was digging it.  My hair naturally has a little oomph to it but this stuff really kicked it up a notch.  See?


Pink Texas Chick

Don't believe me?  Here's a pic of my hair with no product.  


Pink Texas Chick


So Not Your Mother's gets a big thumbs up from me on this one.  I most certainly plan to buy more products and give those a try.

Okay and now for the product that failed me and did not leave me with a shiny(less) happy feeling.  Let me just start off by saying that I have a very oily face.  In my teens I noticed that I had the common T-zone face but over the years and especially after my pregnancies, my face has gone full blown super oily.  I mean get the Ewings out here 'cause I'm sure they'll keep making their millions.  Ugh.  

For years I have been using Clean & Clear oil blotting sheets (they're blue) to wipe the oil off my face a couple of time of day.  I even use the store brands by CVS or HEB.  This past week I bought a completely new-to-me brand while at Walmart.  I went to grab the Clean & Clear per usual but they were all sold out and there was no store brand next to it.  So I look around and came across these Swisspers near the nail care section.  Out of desperation and short on time and I grabbed them and off I went.  I used them as soon as I got in the car and right away the blotting sheets began to tear and they tugged on my face.  What the what?  With the Clean & Clear (or store brands) I only needed to use 2-3 sheets at a time.  I've used about 5-6 sheets per use with Swisspers.  I even keep them layered to see if that will prevent them from tearing.  Nope.  


Pink Texas Chick


And they don't "soak" up the excess oil from my face like my little blue sheets.  Not.at.all.  I'm going back to the store to get my usual and I'll hold on to these for the occasional emergency.  Sorry, but I say save your money on this one if you've got oil rigs on yo face like me.  Anyone else not like these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...